Company: Journey Latin America
- Reaching targets of over £250,000 gross profit per annum.
- Consulting with clients during the initial contact stage, assessing their stated requirements and creating bespoke proposals for complex experience-based holidays.
- Engaging with clients through our online chat system, enabling them to book online.
- Co-ordination of client documentation to meet all the components and the logistics of the travel itinerary, from flight bookings in Amadeus, to boutique hotel and resort bookings all across Latin America. Often liaising directly with in-country suppliers in Latin America to coordinate services.
- Acting as a point of contact during trips for both client-initiated changes and emergency situations, such as re-routing due to strikes/flight cancellations or natural disasters.
- Participated and hosted familiarisation trips, site inspections of hotels and produced detailed performance reports for the company; investigating and identifying new products for inclusion in our brochures and sales; health and safety assessments on adventure sports and guide services.
- Delivering presentations and workshops to management, suppliers and clients. Was regularly asked to man the company stand and represent the company at travel shows/ exhibitions.
- Delivering travel photography for company website, brochures and Instagram.
Systems: Experienced with Amadeus, Travel Studio and MS package.
A little bit more about Caroline…
Expert in Antarctica, Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Peru, Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Galapagos, Panama, Nicaragua, Belize, Guatemala, Mexico, USA, Asia, (spent time volunteering and building a school in Cambodia), Europe and Northern Africa.
Unrivalled in-depth knowledge of Latin America and other world regions, across all 7 continents.
Excellent communication skills, written and oral in three languages.
Proven track record of building excellent rapport and strong relationships promoting repeat business.
Highly dynamic and resourceful at finding solutions to challenges and meeting deadlines.
Represented the company at numerous Travel exhibitions and at Travel conference weekends.
Very comfortable working independently as well as part of a team.